We at ACCA Careers strive to comply with our obligations as laid out in the 1998 Data Protection Act. We are committed to maintaining the confidentiality of your CV and any details stored about you while using the site.
The contact details and other information provided by you in the course of registration with ACCA Careers is stored by us for the purpose of providing you with the information you have opted to receive.
CV and personal information
When you build your candidate profile and upload your CV to ACCA Careers, it can then be viewed over the Internet and downloaded by any direct recruiter, employment consultant or other person or organisation authorised by us who searches for, or requests that CVs matching your profile be sent to them. (You can select the option to remain anonymous in the registration process, and your CV can be made private and will therefore not be viewable by third parties.) These organisations operate on a global basis. ACCA Careers does not verify the identity or the nature of such organisations. ACCA Careers cannot restrict the customers who access profiles on our database and cannot be held responsible for any eventuality.
Aggregate data will be used by ACCA Careers to identify employment trends across various sectors. The aggregate data does not contain any information which could be linked to an identifiable individual user.
When you apply for an advertised post, information about you is stored in your profile area. Your profile area is accessible only by you and is password protected. Your profile area does not form part of the ACCA Careers candidate database and cannot be searched or accessed by ACCA Careers customers. You may close your ACCA Careers account at any time. In summary, your CV can only be viewed by customers of ACCA Careers if you have given your consent in your profile section.
It is the candidate’s responsibility to ensure that the information in their profile and CV stored on ACCA Careers is up to date. CV’s should be updated at least every six months, or as soon as your contact details change.
Any CV we deem to contain inaccurate, illegal or offensive content will be removed from the ACCA Careers database.
No personally identifiable data is stored on cookies.
You are free to choose whether or not to accept these cookies. PC users can manage their settings by selecting Tools at the top of their browser, followed by Internet Options/Privacy/Advanced Privacy Settings. In the dialogue box, you have the option to select the override automatic cookie handling option.
However, if you choose to decline you will be unable to access the personalised areas of the site. These include your profile, CV registration or the jobs by email facility.
For these reasons, we strongly recommend that you accept cookies.
In addition, cookies may be used by those third party companies who provide advertisements to the site to target advertising more effectively.
ACCA Careers provides recruiters with aggregate statistical data about visitors and users of the site. This information may include the number of CVs on the database, or the number of visitors to the site and may be provided to customers, advertisers, suppliers and other reputable third parties. No data will be provided which would allow the identification of individuals.
ACCA Careers uses security devices and firewalls to guard against unauthorised access to the site.
Data protection policy
ACCA Careers will collect and use certain types of personal information on, for example,
current clients, customers and others with whom it communicates.
We fully endorse and adhere to the Principles of data protection, as set out in the Data Protection Act 1998 and will:
- Fully observe conditions concerning the fair collection and use of information
- Comply with the legal requirement to specify the purposes for which information is used
- Collect and process appropriate information only to the degree necessary to fulfil operational needs or to comply with any legal obligations
- Apply rigorous checks on the length of time data is held for
- Ensure that the rights of those individuals about whom information is held can be fully applied in accordance with the Act
- Implement suitable technical and organisational security measures in order to safeguard personal information
In addition, we will ensure that:
- A named individual in the organisation holds responsibility for our data protection.
- All those who manage and handle personal data understand their obligation to adhere to best data protection practice
- All those who manage and handle personal data are supervised and trained appropriately
- Any enquiries from users about the management of personal details are dealt with in a timely and courteous manner
- Methods of handling personal information are clearly described
- Our methods of, and performance in, handling and management of personal data are assessed and evaluated on a regular basis