Terms and conditions
This web site is owned and operated by Educ@te Limited and is available to users under the terms and conditions set out here. Through use of the services provided on the site, visitors are deemed to have accepted these terms.
Information and services on the site are provided to individuals for the express purpose of searching for employment opportunities and career information. Services provided to employers are for the purpose of recruiting staff. Information from the site may be used, printed or downloaded on these grounds only and not for any other reasons, whether personal or commercial. Material may not be otherwise copied, displayed, transmitted or distributed.
All copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights to the site and the material displayed on it belongs to Educ@te Limited or its third party suppliers. Use of the site does not confer any proprietary rights over such materials.
The searching or screening tools provided by us are designed to assist recruiters in the assessment of a candidate’s suitability, and are not intended as a substitute for due diligence.
Candidates should verify:
•the recruiter’s identity and the nature of its business
•the commencement date and duration of the role
•details of the role including type of work, location, hours, potential health and safety risks
•any authorisation which the recruiter considers necessary, or is required by law, to accept the position
•whether any expenses are payable by you as a candidate
•whether there are any requirements, imposed by law or otherwise, for you to satisfy before taking up a position, such as a Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check.
Recruiters should verify:
•the candidate’s identity
•the candidate’s experience, training, qualifications and authorisation to work
•whether there are any legal requirements for you as a recruiter to satisfy before the candidate takes up the post
ACCA Careers does not:
- Propose, vouch for or endorse any candidates, or provide any indication as to their suitability for the role applied for;
- Verify information provided by candidates such as their identity, experience, training, qualifications or authorisation to work;
- Seek references for any candidate or make arrangements for their accommodation or similar
We do not review CVs and job advertisements displayed on the site and therefore accept no responsibility or liability for their contents. Appropriate verification should be carried out by candidates and prospective employers.
Services and information provided on the site by us, and our third party suppliers, are intended to assist in the job seeking or recruitment process. Neither we, nor our third party suppliers, can guarantee suitability or prospects of success in any particular case. You should obtain independent verification before relying on information provided on the site in circumstances which may result in loss or damage.
We strive to ensure the continuous availability of the site and its services but accept no responsibility or liability for the consequences of interruptions or delays, under any circumstance. We reserve the right to alter the site’s design and specification at any time.
Email, Mobile and Marketing
The information gathered may be used by ACCA Careers for purposes relating to your use of the site, interactive services and for marketing activities. These include communications directly to particular individuals by email, post or mobile of any advertising or marketing materials. The option to optimise the messages you receive from ACCA Careers and its third parties can be found on (Website url). If you do not wish to receive marketing materials or advertising from ACCA Careers or from its carefully selected third parties you can opt out by going through the unsubscribe procedure from any of the emails or SMS messages sent to you. Alternatively you may also notify us by e-mail made to email@example.com.
Limitation of liability
Our liability, and the liability of our third party suppliers, for any loss or damage suffered by you as the result of your use of this site is limited to your actual direct damages and, except in the case of fraud, excludes any loss of future earnings, profit or prospects or any consequential or speculative loss. As required by law, this exclusion does not extend to death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
These terms and conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with English law and any disputes shall be decided by the English courts.
Browsers and cookies
accacareers.com supports the current and most recent preceding versions of all popular browsers, and follows the HTML 4.01 (loose) and CSS 2.1 W3C standards. If your browser is not supported, you may still be able to access the site, but some display problems may be experienced.
Terms and conditions of business for advertisers
In these terms and conditions:
- 'Customer' refers to any person, company, or organisation which purchases Services from us;
- 'Order Form' denotes an order for Services on a form provided by us (in any format) and signed by a Customer;
- 'Services' means all recruitment products and services made available by us;
- In respect of any Order Form relating to the provision of Services for a specified period, The 'Contract Month' is the calendar month commencing on the specified start date as stated on the Order Form, and ending on the preceding date of the next calendar month. E.g., the calendar month commencing on 4 July and ending 3 August;
- 'Contract Term' denotes the full term as stated on the Order Form.
Commencement of Services
The provision of Services in conformance with any Order Form will not begin until the Order Form has been returned, in one of our approved formats and confirmed by the Customer via a signature, e-mail confirmation or provision of purchase order number. Where Customers purchase Services on terms requiring pre-payment, Services will not commence until payment has been received and cleared.
Contract Prices are fixed for the period specified on the Order Form. These prices are confidential and the Customer agrees not to divulge them to third parties under any circumstances. A vacancy posted on accacareers.com will remain live for 28 days or such shorter period as previously agreed with the Customer. Any extension of this period will be considered as a new posting, and will be charged to the Customer accordingly. Any jobs posted over and above the agreed number per month will be charged at a price per job agreed with the customer during the contract negotiation. In cases where no price has been negotiated, a flat fee of £300 per job will be charged for each job over the agreed number. An individual job is identified by its unique ID number. If a customer deletes a job and subsequently reposts it or posts another, it will be deemed that two jobs have been posted. Any Services not used within the time period specified on the Order Form may not be carried over into any subsequent period without our prior consent in writing. The Customer will be liable for payment for any unused Services.
All rates are exclusive of VAT. Invoices are payable within 30 days of the invoice date. Late payment may lead us to suspend provision of Services. Late payments will incur interest at a rate of 3% above National Westminster Bank plc's base rate.
- The following notice period shall apply in the event that the Customer terminates the provision of Services in writing:
In relation two a contract lasting up to two months, a notice period of 30 days shall be given. For contracts lasting between three and five months, ninety days notice shall be given. For contract periods of six months or longer, one hundred and eighty days notice shall be given.
- Termination will come into effect at the end of a Contract Month.
- The Customer may terminate if we are in material breach of the stated terms and have not remedied such breach within ten days of receiving notice from the Customer specifying the breach and requesting that it be resolved.
- Termination by the Customer before the end of the Contract Term may, at our discretion, result in loss of any discounts negotiated for the entire Contract Term.
- The Customer may terminate if we become insolvent, cease to trade or go into liquidation.
Provision of Services may be terminated by us if:
- The Customer is in material breach of these terms and has not resolved such breach within ten days of notice from us specifying the breach and requesting that it be resolved, or:
- The Customer becomes insolvent, ceases to trade or goes into liquidation.
Limitation of liability
Our total liability to the Customer in respect of any Services, except for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, is limited to the total amount paid to us during the Contract Term for such Services or £12,000, whichever is the greater.
Rules governing job advertisements
Jobs posted on accacareers.com must conform to the format and rules specified by us. This is to ensure the clarity of search results presented on the site or from the accacareers.com database. Any advertisement posted and deemed to be in breach of these rules may be removed from accacareers.com, at our discretion and without liability to you. These rules may be updated periodically and Customers are advised to refer to them regularly.
The Rules state:
- Job advertisements placed on accacareers.com must be for vacancies which are currently available. Details of the vacancy are to be verifiably accurate.
- Jobs shall not be duplicated at the expense of those of other clients.
- Job descriptions and titles shall not feature gratuitous use of keywords. Willfully inserting words, strings of words, or repeating job titles, with the purpose of influencing position in the results listing, or increasing the number of page views shall constitute a breach of these rules.
- Email links are permitted only from the designated 'send an email' link and URL linking is permitted from the 'apply online' link only. No URLs or email links (whether live or text only) shall be included in the body copy of the job description page.
Vacancy advertisements must not discriminate on grounds of age, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, disability, marital status or trade union membership (except to the extent specifically permitted in law). Advertisements in breach of the Equality Act 2010 are illegal and may result in proceedings being taken against both the advertiser and the publisher. accacareers.com accepts postings on the grounds that the advertiser confirms that any requirement or qualification which may seem to discriminate illegally is pursuant to an exemption extended by the Equality Act. Nonetheless, any advertisement considered to be discriminatory may be either amended or removed from accacareers.com at our discretion without liability to refund any monies paid or due to be paid in respect of the posting or otherwise. In such an event we will inform you accordingly.
Content and links
Where an advertisement links to another site via our external apply online option, the Customer is liable for maintenance of the links and for the content of both their advertisement and that of the linked site. Any advertisement deemed to include content or links to a site which, in our opinion, is defamatory, illegal or objectionable or will bring accacareers.com into disrepute will be removed from accacareers.com at our discretion. You will indemnify us from and against any claims or liability arising from the content or links of your advertisements.
Responses to advertisements
The Customer agrees to deal fairly and professionally with any candidate who may respond to an advertisement by them and not act in any way which may bring accacareers.com into disrepute. You will indemnify us from and against any claim brought against accacareers.com by an individual arising from your breach of this obligation or any other of these terms. Responses to advertisements are not guaranteed. Nor is the quality or suitability of those candidates who do respond guaranteed by us. Checks and procedures to ensure that candidates are suitable for the advertised role and possess the requisite qualifications and personal characteristics are the responsibility of the Customer.
Third party sites
Any vacancies posted on accacareers.com may also appear on third party recruitment web sites in accordance with periodic agreements between accacareers.com and the owners of such web sites.
Rights to the candidate database
Database rights and all other applicable copyright and intellectual property rights in the candidate database belong to Educ@te Limited.
The Customer acknowledges that they acquire no rights to the database or its content, and that their retention and use of the database and its content is regulated by these terms and conditions.
Passwords issued to individuals are for their sole use. If we have cause to suspect that a password is a) being used by an unauthorised person or b) that the user is breaching these terms and conditions, access to that password may be denied.
Use of the candidate database
The type of product purchased determines the material the Customer receives from the candidate database:
- You may use, search or download this material to your database using the Candidate Search back office interface and its associated functions for the purpose of sourcing appropriate candidates for particular vacancies that you or (in the case of employment agencies or employment businesses) your client seek to fill.
- Information from the database may be used to contact applicants (either directly or through accacareers.com, as determined by the type of product purchased) with regards to a specific job vacancy.
- Such information may be used solely in relation to your own recruitment activities.
Customers may NOT:
- Supply, sell or license material from the candidate database, or a copy of it, to anyone else, including other members of your group of companies.
- Download the database through any automated process.
- Contact individuals on the database, use or permit the use of details about those individuals, for any purpose other than sourcing appropriate candidates for particular job vacancies. Customers must act in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and all subsequent legislation and regulations at all times.
ACCA Careers must receive all requests for refunds, replacements and adjustments to firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 calendar days of the purchase date. If the refund request is received within 7 days of the purchase date and the customer has not used his/her ACCA Careers account to access the ACCA Careers Jobsite in this period, or hasn’t used services purchased in this period, the customer will be granted a full refund.
All sales on ACCA Careers for Job Posting and CV/Resume Database Search options are final after a job is posted or the resume database is searched. There are no refunds after such actions by the customer. Job postings and CV/resume database searches are not products that can be returned.
Refunds, replacements and adjustments will be considered if received within 7 calendar days of the purchase date and will also be considered for technical problems on ACCA Careers servers resulting in the customer not being able to view the ACCA Careers Jobsite. ACCA Careers must receive notification of the problem and be given the opportunity to fix the problem within 7 calendar days, before a refund, replacement or adjustment will be considered.
After 7 calendar days of the date of purchase, refunds, replacements and adjustments may be considered at the sole discretion of ACCA Careers staff members, only if the customer's account hasn't been used since purchase was made.
In the event that the ACCA Careers removes a job posting from the ACCA Careers Jobsite, which it believes to be either fraudulent or libelous, (but is not limited to this instance) ACCA Careers reserves the right to refuse a refund.
In order to better understand how to properly use the customer account and to minimize customer error, ACCA Careers highly recommends that before a purchase, the customer:
- views the jobs and CV/resume database available publicly,
- reads carefully all emails sent to the customer by ACCA Careers
- reads the jobsite terms and condition